[AstroPy] missing distance in galactic coordinates from catalog

Rodrigo Amestica ramestica at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 17:26:44 EST 2020

Hi Adrian,

thanks for your response and description.

My reading of your reply is that there is no bullet-proof recipe to query
for the distance to an object. For that sort of information one needs to
know very well how the value is to be used and, eventually, consult papers
like the one linked before; that is, not as simple as just querying a
catalog.

Thanks,
 Rodrigo

ps: I recognize some colleagues from my previous professional life in that
paper's authors list.