[AstroPy] Astropy reproject to align two HST images

SHALMALEE KAPSE shalmalee.kapse at students.mq.edu.au
Thu Jan 16 01:58:10 EST 2020

Hi.

I am trying to align two images I downloaded from MAST HST portal. For
this, I am using astropy-reproject package. However, I am running into an
error, every time I use reproject, despite providing the WCS information.
Following is the error:

ValueError: an astropy.io.fits.HDUList is required for Lookup table distortion.

I am using reproject version 0.6, and astropy both versions (3.2.3 and 4.0).

Information about the images: One image is from HST/WFC3 and second
one is from HST/ACS.   I am attaching the two images along with my
reproject code (.ipynb). Please let me know how to proceed and solve
this issue. Thanks in advance.

 astropy_reproject_NGC_2257.ipynb
<https://drive.google.com/a/students.mq.edu.au/file/d/1815Npx--OXYrDlN1zrgyVzpN5fwuGa3B/view?usp=drive_web>
 f336w_01_flt.fits
<https://drive.google.com/a/students.mq.edu.au/file/d/1u3RFtGVDJa3cj6vEjvUcocJxWykEA4Z4/view?usp=drive_web>
 f814w_01_flt.fits
<https://drive.google.com/a/students.mq.edu.au/file/d/1wQa7DmCIQyNs24Bn40G-yXoPlLqipTCr/view?usp=drive_web>

Thanks and regards,
Shalmalee Kapse,
PhD Candidate,
Department of Physics and Astronomy,
Macquarie University,NSW - 2109, Australia.