[AstroPy] Statement of support

Kelle Cruz kellecruz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:52:37 EDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

The Astropy Project acknowledges that the racist acts that have unfolded in
the United States over the last few weeks are deeply upsetting, and that
many members of our community are struggling as a result. As disturbing as
these recent events are, they are familiar to our Black friends and
colleagues, who continue to experience and witness acts of racism and
violence toward their friends, family members, coworkers, classmates, and
colleagues. The Astropy community is committed to supporting diversity and
inclusion <https://www.astropy.org/code_of_conduct.html> and absolutely
does not tolerate racism. Let this be a reminder that those of us who are
in positions of privilege and power have a responsibility to support and
advocate for the Black members of our community. This includes engaging
with current events that are impacting our society and actively seeking out
anti-racism resources. This compilation of links
<http://bit.ly/ANTIRACISMRESOURCES> may be a helpful starting point.

In Solidarity,
Tom Aldcroft, Tom Robitaille, Erik Tollerud, Kelle Cruz (the Coordination
Committee),
Steve Crawford (Ombuds)
Adrian Price-Whelan

--
Kelle Cruz, PhD
917.837.9748 — Hunter: x16486 — AMNH: x7930