[AstroPy] YASQ - Yet Another SkyCoord Question

Mohammad Shameoni Niaei m.shemuni at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 05:32:44 EST 2021

If the problem persists I would like to advise you to get in touch with
your institute's IT department.

I had a similar problem when I tried to get information from the NASA JPL
Horizons system.
Turned out to be the server's IP address was on a blacklist due to frequent
request.
You might need to check if the port is open or not as well.

My best

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 12:19 AM Derek Homeier <
derek at astro.physik.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> On 4 Feb 2021, at 9:23 pm, Adrian Price-Whelan <adrianmpw at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > It's possible that there are some intermittent issues with the Simbad
> database itself, or with your connection. I just tried and it worked for me:

> > <SkyCoord (ICRS): (ra, dec) in deg
> >     (157.255, 29.63472222)>
> >
> > Did the error message return any additional information? It's possible
> we need to audit the error messages we raise to make sure they provide
> enough information for cases like this.
> >
> Worked for me just as well. The LEDA server in Lyon has been down for some
> time,
> and came only back online a few days ago, I think.
> If it continues to fail for you, perhaps check your cache and proxy
> settings (though
> I agree a clearer error message would be helpful).
>
> Cheers,
>                                 Derek

Mohammad Shameoni Niaei
Astronomer
Atatürk University, Astrophysics Research and Application Center.
ERZURUM-TURKEY