[AstroPy] Astrophotography SW?

James Sokolowski drjimsok at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 10:52:49 EST 2021

Folks,

PhD in Astronomy & Astrophysics, w/ 25 years in the professional field of
data science / analytics / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence.
Solid IDL and Python programmer, but as I close in on retirement, I'm
building the hobby of amateur astrophotography.

There are LOTS of commercial tools available, as well as freeware, and
that's all well and good.  BUT... what I'm really looking for is a solid
astronomical image processing & analysis package that has a well-structured
Python API... am I crazy??

Virtually all of our generic data science type tools have these interfaces,
so extending native application functionality becomes a breeze...

So anyway, if folks have suggestions, I'd be all ears.

Jim