[AstroPy] Astrophotography SW?

E. Madison Bray erik.m.bray at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 09:03:12 EST 2021

Hi Jim,

If it's a GUI you want you could check out ginga:
https://ejeschke.github.io/ginga/  I don't really know what you need
in terms of astrophotography, and it's not necessarily specifically
geared toward that.  But the nice thing about ginga is that it's a
whole toolkit with many built-in standard tools (image, spectra
viewers, etc.) with which you can fully customize the layout for your
own applications, as well as create plugins for around your own Python
scripts.  Check out the developer documentation in particular for
ideas of what you might be able to do with it:
https://ginga.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dev_manual/index.html

A similar, though slightly different product more geared toward
general data analysis is Glue, but it also provides a highly
customizable GUI environment: http://glueviz.org/