[AstroPy] problem with composed maps and fits files

Evangelia Samara evangelia.sam at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 13:02:17 EST 2021

Hi Madison,

I want to take the data I see in the composited map. Is that what you mean
by rasterizing?

Namely, If I have an initial black image (full of zeros) and I overplot it
with an image which is *half* in size containing a white (full of 1s)
rectangle, I want to obtain the data of the final image which is a black
background (the initial image) with a white rectangle (the second image).
In this final image, the originally black pixels have been replaced with
white pixels where appropriate.

I hope its more clear now!

Thanks!
Evangelia