[Async-sig] async_stagger: Happy Eyeballs implementation in pure asyncio

Yury Selivanov yselivanov at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:29:35 EDT 2018

On May 13, 2018, 9:35 AM -0400, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>, wrote:

> Yury,
>
> This looks like good work.Would it make sense to add this to asyncio in 3.8?

Yes, it is solid.  I'd like to see this in asyncio; specifically, I suggest to add a keyword-only argument to loop.create_connection & asyncio.open_connection to use happy eyeballs (off by default). Exposing the "staggered_race()" helper function might also be a good idea, I'm just not super happy with the name.

Twistero, would you be interested in submitting a PR?

Yury