[BangPypers] Soap with Python 2.5

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 06:15:11 CET 2007

Python by default does not come with SOAP server/client support. But
you have the following third-party APIs which provide support.

SOAPpy => pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net

Twisted also provides a SOAP/XML-RPC server using its reactor core.
The best thing about twisted is that you can have the same server (same code)
implement both SOAP/XML-RPC end-points for a given RPC call which you
want to implement.

Take a look at
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/web/documentation/howto/xmlrpc.html

Implement SOAP in the java server, use twisted in the Python client (B)
and anyway you are using SOAP with C.

--Anand

On Dec 17, 2007 4:19 PM, gnuyoga <gnuyoga at gmail.com> wrote:
> sounav maikap wrote:
> > To break things apart I have a system like this:
> > A. Java Server
> > B. Python client sitting at the client's end
> > C. Another client (not python based - responsible for execution not
> > available with B) which talks only SOAP
> >
> > Need of the system:
> > A can talk with both B and C
> > B can talk with A and C
> >
> > As SOAP is enabled for C - I thought to implement SOAP as the common mean.
> >
> > Any suggestion welcomed.
> > -SM
> >
> If its python - python then Pyro or twisted would have been a good
> choice. Since 'C' can only talk using soap we dont have much choice ;)
>
> http://www.diveintopython.org/soap_web_services/index.html
>

> - sree
>

> --
> http://picasaweb.google.com/gnuyoga
>
> Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest the divine by controlling nature, internal or external. Do this by work or worship or psychic control or philosophy by one or more, or all of these and be free.

-Anand