[BangPypers] Python Source to Exe

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:46:55 CET 2007

Do you really need py2exe with the new bdist options of distutils ?

python setup.py bdist_wininst

should work and create a nice executable if you write a proper disutils
setup.py with the correct metadata. I am not sure about the detailed
steps involved since it is long time since I tried to create a Windows
executable from a Python program.

Read more at http://docs.python.org/dist/postinstallation-script.html

--Anand

On Dec 28, 2007 2:00 PM, Varun Soundararajan <s.varun at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey Karthikeyan,
>  you should look for the executable in the same directory, under dist folder
> (one of the 2 folders that is autocreated). (This is assuming you were
> unable to find the Exe even though py2xex works).
>
> Regards
> Varun
>

> On Dec 28, 2007 12:57 PM, Roshan Mathews <rmathews at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Dec 27, 2007 9:51 PM, karthikeyan r <karthikmscss at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > python command prompt, and also i tried to use py2exe utility that also
> > > working fine..
> > > I want to convert that file as exe, so i can execute that whenever i
> want..
> > > Anyone please tell me how to convert ..py or .pyw files to exe.
> > >
> > If py2exe is working fine, then what exactly is the problem?
> >
> > --
> > Roshan Mathews

> Regards
> --Varun S
> http://mailvarun.blogspot.com
>
> /* This mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons */

-Anand