[BangPypers] Python BoF at foss.in

Ramdas S ramdas at developeriq.com
Mon Nov 19 19:32:59 CET 2007

We were meeting regularly for about a year or two. But somehow the initial
group which was active  has become busy for personal reasons.

I think anyone can henceforth( actually there was no rule) call a meeting at
their convenience and people who are free can meet up and discuss. We are in
an open source volunteer group and cannot expect everyone or for that matter
anyone to join for a meeting. Moreover traveling through Bangalore traffic
is always a pain.

I have always offered my studio in Hayes Road off Richmond Road for a Python
meetup. We have had a few meetings there too. This is centrally located and
on Saturdays parking is also available in around Hayes Road. About 8-12
people can be accommodated. If our office boy is around you might be lucky
to get some coffee.

If anyone wants to use, you are welcome on any saturday afternoon. Just call
someone at my office on 41236661, and announce that you are landing for a
meeting with 24 hr notice. Remember to mention it is a Bangpypers meet! They
will clear up a room for you!

The address is

Brand7 Studios,
1st floor,
7/11, Crystal Apartments,
Hayes Road,
Off Richmond Road
Bangalore.

I am sure many others will be glad to offer their office spaces which are
far bigger/better than my own humble offices.

I also suggest that we have sub-topics or user meetings within the group.
Like if someone wants to hold a Django meetup or a IronPython meetup they
can go ahead and call for it. This may even make a lot more sense for a
developer who is focused on that specific topic to make it to the meeting.

cheers

Ramdas