[BangPypers] python-help

Vishnu Sasidharan Vishnu_Sasidharan at mindtree.com
Sat Oct 6 09:52:04 CEST 2007

Hi

While trying to run python I am getting a 16 bit MS-DOS subsystem error
saying that "the NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction".

I am using AMD64 machine with WinXP SP2 32bit OS. I have been having this
issue for some days, so today I tried installing the same msi on a different
machine with similar configuration and voila! It's working there. So
basically I wanted to know like what is missing or different in my machine
which is stopping me from using Python or like what dependencies this has. So
anyone has any experience of such similar errors? It might work after I
format or reinstall the OS, but I want try all the workarounds before doing
that. So any help?

Regards,

Vishnu

Vishnu S| Engineer - R&D Services| MindTree Consulting Ltd. | Phase II, 3rd
Floor, Global Village, RVCE Post, Mysore Road, Bangalore-560 059, INDIA |

Voice +91 80 26264000 Extn: 65778 / Fax +91 80 2626 4100 | Mob: 98867 89014 |
email: vishnu_sasidharan at mindtree.com |www.mindtree.com
<http://www.mindtree.com/>  |

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
E-mail may contain viruses. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and defects. While MindTree Consulting Limited (MindTree) has put in place checks to minimize the risks, MindTree will not be responsible for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission.
MindTree reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from MindTree e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored on the MindTree e-mail system or else where.