[BangPypers] Python Training in Bangalore

kumar reddy reddytou at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 10:33:20 CEST 2007

Hey Guys,

  I am also very much new to python.I am also intrested in learning this powerful scripting language.I am currently working with netapp and I am into hardcore kernel debugging ( more on file system side).

  -Seshu

Vishal <vsapre80 at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hi Krishna,

Interestingly, your story is very similar to mine. I got interested in Python about 4 years back, and started collecting information present over the web.

However, being in semiconductor related software...there are not many avenues for using Python as such. Today I use Python for everything that I dont use C/C++ for..mostly for text processing though. There are huge opportunities for using Python in semiconductor industry..however Perl being a much older and hence much more known cousin..overshadows everybody else.

For the most part, I think the future is in languages that work with some kind of a VM.

Hope to learn and work more with this wonderful language.

Best regards,
Vishal

Krishna <ksppkan at yahoo.com> wrote:    Hi.
  Thanks a lot for all ur advises...

  Its not that I am a complete dud abt python, I had this desire to learn python since last 4 years.. but then there is something that is allowing me to go beyond small programs..  So i thot I will give a fresh start and get to master the language.
  I am into perf testing, so it would be usefull if i can write small scripts that can get me the perf data from remote machines..
  I have been thru the dive into python, and the guido's python tutorial and also thru the swaroop's book, but then I have just been able to write small scripts. and dont understand where the error comes up when I do a mistake, so i was looking for a book which would help me when I would start from scratch.. I am not from dev background..but then i do have good programming experience in java anc C..
  I went thru the Learning Python and Beginning Python, probably then get a better understanding, and then move to Byte of python.

  Dive into python has been good book, but then I believe its for those who have some understanding of things in development..
  Anyways.. I got to know abt 2 books abt python. Thanks for your suggestions.
  I joined thsi grp when I was in hyd. Now that I am in blr. would love to know if you guys meet so that I even I can be a part of this gathering.

  Thanks.
  krishnakanth

Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
  Do you mean free ebooks online or actual print book ?
For for former, I would suggest diveintopython.
"A byte of python" is also fine for a very basic introduction.

As regards print books, I think "Learning Python" is a
good book.

--Anand

On 10/17/07, Krishna wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Any suggestions on what is a good book to start with on Python.
>
> Thanks.
> Krishnakanth./
>
> Krishna wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> I knew that there were some python classes conducted in Bangalore some time
> ago.
>
> Are they still going on.
>
> I would like to know if any of the group members is conducting python
> classes.
>
> If yes then other details like timings, and fees etc.
>
> Thanks.
> Krishna

-Anand

http://mail.yahoo.com