[BangPypers] Certification

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridhar.ratna at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 05:28:56 CEST 2007

On 10/25/07, Anand Balachandran Pillai <abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Such a test should ideally have some of the following features.
>
> 2. Random questions - I agree  with your point here. The sample
> set should be large enough to have enough questions at varying levels
> so that it can be used by a newbie, an intermediate, expert or guru
> programmer to benchmark  himself.

2.1. Dynamic questions - (hazy idea, but I hope I make sense) Instead
of having a fixed 'sample set,' we shall make the system intelligent
enough to 'generate' questions based on the feature set of Python.
Take for example list comprehensions. Instead of adding a set of
multiple-choice questions we could write Python code that generates
well-defined type of questions with random data for input (and thus
the expected output given by the candidate has to vary over time).

Eg,

Q: Using list comprehension, print "a list of squares" from "5" to "15"

The thing within quotes are dynamic - varies over time.

There can be more such 'question types' for list comprehension alone.
Similarly do the same for other features of Python.. and categorize
them by different versions (2.3, 2.4, 2.5 .. 3.0)

I'd be interested in contributing to this project.

--
http://nearfar.org/