[BangPypers] Your favorite Python libraries and frameworks

Dorai Thodla dorai at thodla.com
Sun Oct 28 15:03:39 CET 2007

I came across an article a couple of days ago about extending Vim (Vim is Vi
based editor) with python. It was really cool to compile a set of python
functions and call them inside Python. I found it on
http://programming.reddit.com/ which seems to have nice links to Python
articles fairly frequently (reddit itself is a python app written in web.py
).

This example used BeautifulSoup parsing library.

http://www.builderau.com.au/program/python/soa/Extending-Vim-with-Python/0,2000064084,339283181,00.htm

Since I have not heard of BeautifulSoup before, I started looking into it.
It is an amazingly simple and useful Python library for parsing HTML and
XML.
http://www.builderau.com.au/program/python/soa/Build-a-basic-Web-scraper-in-Python/0,2000064084,339281476,00.htm

I was wondering whether we should have a thread where people share their
favorite Python libraries and how they discovered it.

--
Dorai Thodla (http://www.thodla.com)
Tracking Web Trends