[BangPypers] Your favorite Python libraries and frameworks

Siddharta siddharta.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 03:47:40 CET 2007

BeautifulSoup is AWESOME. I did a demo of BeautifulSoup in one of the
Bangpypers meetups in March 2005. I use it regularly to screen scrape
information from web pages.

Apart from that, my most used libraries are

- Python Imaging Library : Very nice library to manipulate images,
generate dynamic graphs & charts etc
- ReportLab : Create PDF files
- mechanize : Nice library to automatically open web pages, fill up &
submit forms etc
- pygoogle : Interact with google's search APIs. I use pygoogle a lot.

Stuff that I dont use, but looks interesting

- python-mock : http://python-mock.sourceforge.net/
- Construct : http://construct.wikispaces.com/
- Scapy : http://freshmeat.net/projects/scapy/

--