[BangPypers] Your favorite Python libraries and frameworks

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridhar.ratna at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:50:07 CET 2007

> I was wondering whether we should have a thread where people share their
> favorite Python libraries and how they discovered it.

For web development: SQLAlchemy, Genshi, Mako, web.py, Twisted,
Twisted.Web2, Nevow (I dislike SQLObject, TG, Django, ..)

BeautifulSoup is a neat library. pyrex for some C touch. nose for
unittest discovery (I tend to use doctest a lot).

On JavaScript front, jQuery (mootools may fit better for tiny
scriptting tasks) and YUI/ExtJS for some sophisticated JavaScript
coding.

Bonus: An uncommon Python software that I once tried to incorporate:
http://scons.org/

--
http://nearfar.org/