[BangPypers] Your favorite Python libraries and frameworks

Ramdas S ramdas at developeriq.com
Mon Oct 29 16:08:56 CET 2007

Django is definitely the framework which I recommend since I  use it
extensively. It currently has a momentum that is larger than most of the
other frameworks. And a lot applications are being written on top of Django.

I've been told that other frameworks (notabley Zope, Pylons and TurboGears)
are better by their users/developers. That is probably true, but I feel that
it is better to bet on something that has a bigger momentum in  terms of
users, developers, and developer companies.

However, Django simply scores because of extremely good documentation. You
can easily get around without reading much of the source, by following the
set of tutorials.

I am more a consumer of software, so I see value in stuff what a user
developer would like to see, rather than someone who writes apps for other
developers/developer-users.

Ramdas