[BangPypers] Your favorite Python libraries and frameworks

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Mon Oct 29 17:28:45 CET 2007

>> I was wondering whether we should have a thread where people share
>> their
>> favorite Python libraries and how they discovered it.

I have used/using:

GUI Frameworks: wxPython,
Parsing/grammar: pyparsing
content extraction; Beautifulsoup
Templating languages: Myghty, Mako, Jinja(django) and ZPT.
Machine learning: Orange, WEKA with Jython
Math: Py-GLPK, Graphviz/python
Windows automation and COM: python-win32,
Testing framework: Pyunit, ploneselenium, mechanize (http://
wwwsearch.sf.net),
Web frameworks : Zope2, plone, Pylons and Django (my fav. is pylons
with django a close second, want to explore Grok in future)
ORM: SQLAlchemy, django orm.

Javascript: I use both jquery and YUI in equal measure.

I'm using using python professionally for  more than 4 years now.
I have used all off the above at one time or the other for
professional development.

-Pradeep