[BangPypers] Your favorite Python libraries and frameworks

Dorai Thodla dorai at thodla.com
Mon Oct 29 19:43:09 CET 2007

Kiran,
Good link. I have been using Zope/Plone over 4 years but have not dug too
deep. I may do that with Zope3.

I found that the steep learning curve and the documentation that never
really seems to be current (I am talking more about Plone than Zope) are two
problems I face when I need to recruit developers to build using these
products.

I think good documentation will fix the problem in the long run and the Zope
Components book may definitely help.

Is there a perception that Zope is more heavy weight than some of the other
web frameworks?

Hope this will generate a lot of discussion.

On 10/29/07, Kiran Jonnalagadda <jace at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 29-Oct-07, at 8:38 PM, Ramdas S wrote:
>
> > I've been told that other frameworks (notabley Zope, Pylons and
> > TurboGears) are better by their users/developers. That is probably
> > true, but I feel that it is better to bet on something that has a
> > bigger momentum in  terms of users, developers, and developer
> > companies.
>
> Not meaning to start a flamewar, but this may be worth reading for
> those who haven't already:
>
> http://dirtsimple.org/2007/01/where-zope-leads-python-follows.html

Dorai Thodla (http://www.thodla.com)
Tracking Web Trends