[BangPypers] Google App Engine with Python run time

Siddharta siddharta.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 15:33:10 CEST 2008

Very interesting. This could become quite big. Are they out to compete
with Amazon Web Services?

Looking through the API it seems to be heavily influenced by Django. The
datastore API is very similar to Django's ORM and the default template
engine uses Django template syntax. They even have official
documentation on deploying Django apps on this infrastructure -
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/django.html

--
Siddharta Govindaraj