[BangPypers] [HELP] Connectivity of Python with Oracle in Linux

Hussain Bohra hussainbohra_30 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 05:52:08 CEST 2008

Hi All,

We have a Oracle 10g Server in Linux, And we are using a Python 2.2.2 (i.e. also in Linux). We are trying to connect with Oracle using 'cx_Oracle'. The Environment  Variable we have set in the Oracle Machine is :

'export ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1' (in .bashrc)

In Python Machine we have added the entry of created database (in Oracle) in /etc/tnsnames.ora

Now we are trying to connect like :

import cx_Oracle
cx_Oracle.connect('username/password at db_name')

But Everytime getting an error :

'cx_Oracle.DatabaseError: ORA-12537: TNS Connection closed'

We have tried to find the same in the google but we are unable to solve by the solutions provided there.

Can any one suggest what is the problem.

Regards,
Hussain Bohra