[BangPypers] Customizing Django admin interface vs Creating separate html forms for user interface

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at au-kbc.org
Tue Aug 19 08:42:13 CEST 2008

On 19-Aug-08, at 11:32 AM, anubha sethi wrote:

> Currently i am working on an application who's basic functionality
> is close to the functionality exhibited by the django admin interface.
> As the django book says that the django admin interface is fully
> customizable and that also includes the look and feel of it, i was
> wondering if i should proceed with customizing the django admin
> interface instead of creating new HTML forms.

are you using nfa or the old admin?

> In other words, can we use django admin interface as user interface
> for an application.

you could - but you should not. Admin is meant for the site
administrators who you fully trust. All other users should be handled
by custom forms. That said, with newforms and nfa, this is dead easy.
Easier than customising admin anyway.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves