[BangPypers] help using mysqldb

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Dec 17 14:06:28 CET 2008

Vijay Ramachandran wrote:

> Suppose I have a list of ids, I would write sql such as
> 'select * from Employee where id in (id1, id2, id3)' and this would work
> even if there was only one id, say, 'select * from Employee where id in
> (id1)'
>
> How should I do this in MySQLdb? It seems that I need to handle single
> entry list differently from a list with multiple elements?

You may find the bit of additional software at the following site useful.  It
has a slide presentation that talks about this and similar issues and delivers
a lightweight solution.

    http://furius.ca/antiorm/

The presentation slides are very good and bring up some interesting ideas.

    http://furius.ca/antiorm/doc/talks/dbapiext/dbapiext-pres.pdf

-Jeff