[BangPypers] Better WLAN detection

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 07:38:48 CET 2008

It took me some time to figure out you are talking about the socket
module in PyS60
, not in CPython !.  Since this is a generic Python forum, try to
advertise the context
before you present the question.

Isn't there documentation in the pys60 wiki ?

http://wiki.opensource.nokia.com/projects/Python_for_S60

Dzone has quite some snippets of code under pys60 tag.

http://snippets.dzone.com/tag/pys60

--Anand

On Feb 20, 2008 10:29 AM, g sobers <g.forumz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that socket module offers some useful functions.
>
> But I was dissapointed in its implementation of WLAN networks detection.
> Even socket.select_access_point() neglects them!
>
> Smarter WLAN detection is possible. See:
>
> http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114522&highlight=wlan
>

> Where can I find study-material for modules, & associated functions, for
> WLAN connections?
>
> I have glossed over Pys60 API documentation at the following URL but found
> little ellaboration.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=171153
>

> Wud appreciate advise.
>
> Best,