[BangPypers] Python grows in 2007

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 11:31:35 CET 2008

I think you made a mistake by dividing over the total number of
packages. The percentages shown by dividing the incremental
growth of say Perl by the total growth does not give any indication
of an index. It is like adding apples to oranges.

The more valid index is the relative growth of the package size
w.r.t the previous package size i.e (p2-p1)*100/p1. That is very
simple growth percentage of each language and here it is.

Ruby: 3.5%
PHP: 5.2%
Perl: 9.8%
Python: 35.8%