[BangPypers] Mailman archives analysis

O.R.Senthil Kumaran orsenthil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 02:40:32 CEST 2008

* scriptor Anand Balachandran Pillai, explico
> Hi Pypers,
>
>          Is there any open source tool for analyzing mailman archives ?

Searched for a short while and I could not find any such tool.
The following thread discusses this and the solution is derived from the log
messages of mailman.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2002-April/018908.html

> tool should be client-side, taking the URL to the mailman archives
> page as the only input.

If you look into the methods exposed by Mailman and modify to add those
features to the web-interface, would it not be better idea?  It would be
available to existing mailman users when they upgrade(or patch it).

Something like <mm:TopUsers=5/> in the web-interface which internally calls the
method for getting the top-posters.

--
O.R.Senthil Kumaran
http://uthcode.sarovar.org