[BangPypers] Python Web development collaterals...

Banibrata Dutta banibrata.dutta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:11:02 CEST 2008

On your Windows plaf. you could start by installing ActivePython from
ActiveState website....
It comes with SQLlite (Python2.6's default packaging)... and should be good
enough to get you going for some basic DB apps.
You could download/install Django as well... for some web-framework
development.

However if you insist on mysql and CGI based programming, you could download
the MySQL windows installer and install it, and the Python bindings for
Mysql.

These are advice from a non-practising ex-programmer :) so details might be
a bit fuzzy.

On 7/24/08, Vishal <vsapre80 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the easiest way to start experimenting with Python offerings for
> Web development on a Windows platform?
>
> What things will I need to get my self going for displaying a simple
> webpage using Python based database access (say MySql)?
>
> Could somebody list the things (softwares) required? point me to a good web
> development tutorial...
>
> Would like to start with simple CGI and then go on to Web 2.0 kind of
> path...
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Vishal

regards,