[BangPypers] Python Web development collaterals...

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Thu Jul 24 18:12:54 CEST 2008

On Jul 24, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Banibrata Dutta wrote:

> Spent the last 30 mins looking at webpy. At the outset, looks
> pretty good/attractive, however, I'm yet to see a very
> professional / complex website developed using WebPy. WebOS
> might've been good, but looks like it's shut down, and the next
> best is jottit.com ...

Hmm.. a professional/complex website is not a conclusive proof of a
good* web framework.
A professional website can be developed using a totally sucky
framework too.

The design principle behind  webpy is to give just enough
abstractions to make life easier to the developer without making it
a new system in itself.

The "goodness" of web.py is very close to the "goodness" of python
for web development.
The whole of web.py is small enough to be shipped as another library
with your application.
Webpy doesn't do anything unusual from a average python programmer's
perspective that it warrants separate proof of performance.

Peace,
+PG

* definitions for a good web framework are as varied as the number of
frameworks.