[BangPypers] Idea

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:48:58 CET 2008

Not a bad idea, but a fundamental problem with Job wiki is that job
information is transient. It does not hold good forever. Public wikis
are more suited to information which is constant and does not
change or age (time out). Which is why Wikis are successful in
storing and sharing knowledge (wikipedia!). They can be used
for storing and sharing transient information also, but with appropriate
safeguards. For example, in this case a time-stamp of  the job
posting should be mandatory. The good thing about a mailing list
is that an email provides the timestamp automatically (same for
a blog post), but that is not the case for most wikis, unless you
try and look up the metadata regarding the edits.

--Anand

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM, gnuyoga <gnuyoga at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ashim Roy wrote:
>   > Sree,
>   >
>   > That's a great idea. How would we make the wiki info viral so that many
>   > people see it?
>   >
>   > Regards,
>   >
>   > Ashim
>
>  how about this ????
>
>  people can continue to post jobs in mailing list, but should a wiki
>
> reference ....
>
>  the idea is at any given point of time we should have a wiki page with
>  all the job posting added to it !!!
>

> - sree
>
>  --
>  http://picasaweb.google.com/gnuyoga
>
>  Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest the divine by controlling nature, internal or external. Do this by work or worship or psychic control or philosophy by one or more, or all of these and be free.

-Anand