[BangPypers] BangPypers Digest, Vol 8, Issue 15

gnuyoga gnuyoga at gmail.com
Tue May 6 06:36:37 CEST 2008

Biju Chacko wrote:
> Kiran Jonnalagadda wrote:
>> On 06-May-08, at 7:39 AM, Siddharta wrote:
>>
>>> I used to be a heavy vim user for python, but now I use Wing IDE.
>>> I've tried out a number of free IDEs - SPE, Eric3, Scite, Pydev and
>>> plain old vim - and Wing is just way better. Its not free, but its
>>> worth it, especially if you do a lot of python programming involving
>>> multiple files -http://www.wingide.com/wingide/index
>>
>> I've actually given up on Wing after years of using it. Their Mac OS
>> X version under X11 is simply too cumbersome no matter which way you
>> tweak it. The job went to TextMate, which is a far less featured
>> editor, but far more elegant.
>>
>> Vim remains in use at the command line and on my Linux machines.
>
> I evaluated Komodo as an IDE and thought it was excellent for most
> scripting languages. It was too expensive for me though. They now have
> a   free version, but is very limited.

jEDIT seems to a perfect fit for me in most of my cases .... i used to
work in emacs early .... jedit supports emacs key bindings as well.

- sree

--
http://picasaweb.google.com/gnuyoga

Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest the divine by controlling nature, internal or external. Do this by work or worship or psychic control or philosophy by one or more, or all of these and be free.