[BangPypers] Redirection of standard output to a variable

KartheeK kartheekpn at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 13 11:48:47 CEST 2008

Hi Rishabh,

My script needs to fetch some critical config files from 200+ servers, process them and put them back in place. I need to make sure at each step that I am doing the right thing.
So, I though i would make sure to see "100%"  each time I download a config file and then only proceed further to process it.

KartheeK

Rishabh Manocha <rmanocha at gmail.com> wrote: Kartheek,

It seems like what you want to do is a bit complicated -
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-general-1/how-to-redirect-the-scp-command-output-to-text-file.-629034/.
Maybe if you can explain why you need the exact string that scp
outputs, somebody can suggest alternatives.

Best,