[BangPypers] Redirection of standard output to a variable

KartheeK kartheekpn at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 13 12:01:23 CEST 2008

Looks like that is the best available option..
Thank you all folks for your time and assistance.

Regards,

KartheeK

Rishabh Manocha <rmanocha at gmail.com> wrote: In that case, why not use what gnuyoga suggested - i.e. -
commands.getstatusoutput("scp ..."). If the first entry in the
returned tuple is 0, the command executed successfully, if not, then
it didn't :). I think you can trust python to get the correct exit
code without actually parsing the output from the scp command to
confirm this by hand (so to speak :)).

Best,