[BangPypers] Congratulations to India for Landing on the Moon!

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 15:42:17 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 4:59 AM, Deepak Thukral <iapain at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > A job well done!
> > (It is unknown whether Python was running onboard ;-)

- Language is just a tool - lets not be too fanatic w.r.t the language here
:)

> ISRO is in stone age as far as Computer Technology is concern (Their portal
> only works in IE6 and written in creepy html). I think they are toiling with
> C, Fortran & JAVA. Probably they should inherit Python/Erlang from NASA/ESA.
> Hoping their new GIS Keyhole like webapp will use Python.

- the 3 languages still drive business worth billions all across the earth.
If they collapse, then we are back to the stone-age :)

- C/Cpp + Python is one of the best 'juices' i have ever drank in the recent
past. Python just works amazing well as an integration language.

- Heard of Bhuvan???

Venkat
Blog @ http://blizzardzblogs.blogspot.com