[BangPypers] GUI framework in Python...

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridhar.ratna at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:21:19 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 2:22 AM, Vishal <vsapre80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So the options left are:
> a) Use IronPython to get all the Windows Forms stuff
> b) Use PythonWin and use MFC to build the GUI
> c) Use the Embedded Websever approach and make the web browser as your GUI
> host.
> d) Use Delphi to create the GUI and use P4D for connecting to Python.
> I am most interested in option C, because thats the least dependent on other
> language bindings etc etc.

I can think of one more option:

e) write separate GUI code for each platform. eg: Windows Forms, Gtk#,
Cocoa# if you are going to use IronPython

<rant>I wouldn't recommend option (c) as writing GUI code over
HTML/JavaScript is the most painful development option even if you
were to use those fancy and buggy GUI javascript toolkits.</rant>