[BangPypers] GUI framework in Python...

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:01:25 CEST 2008

<rant>I wouldn't recommend option (c) as writing GUI code over
HTML/JavaScript is the most painful development option even if you
were to use those fancy and buggy GUI javascript toolkits.</rant>

Any specific reason for this? The one I can think of is cross browser
compatibility.
I can force the users to use Google Chrome only :)) or any other good
browser.
and since the application is going to be mostly a local app...(as in the
sever and client stay on the same machine) one can also think of using a
simple browser which does not necessarily confirm to all the HTTP standards.
(not sure how well thought that option will be...)

Vishal

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Sridhar Ratnakumar
<sridhar.ratna at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 2:22 AM, Vishal <vsapre80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So the options left are:
> > a) Use IronPython to get all the Windows Forms stuff
> > b) Use PythonWin and use MFC to build the GUI
> > c) Use the Embedded Websever approach and make the web browser as your
> GUI
> > host.
> > d) Use Delphi to create the GUI and use P4D for connecting to Python.
> > I am most interested in option C, because thats the least dependent on
> other
> > language bindings etc etc.
>
> I can think of one more option:
>
> e) write separate GUI code for each platform. eg: Windows Forms, Gtk#,
> Cocoa# if you are going to use IronPython
>
> <rant>I wouldn't recommend option (c) as writing GUI code over
> HTML/JavaScript is the most painful development option even if you
> were to use those fancy and buggy GUI javascript toolkits.</rant>

"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else.
Because...Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"

"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGu0GiHlR5k

Visit:
http://members.soundclick.com/mukulsapre
http://www.soundclick.com/gurusgrace