[BangPypers] how to relclaim memory

Sibtey Mehdi sibteym at infotechsw.com
Thu Oct 23 12:00:55 CEST 2008

I am using
	 Windows XP,
 	 pythn 2.5, wxpython 2.8, pygame 1.8.

Application over View:
In my application I am creating a dialog box that shows a treeView items but
on closing of that dialog box I delete the objects that contains the tree
items. So I am trying to get that memory used by that tree items.

Thanks,
Sibtey

Sibtey Mehdi <sibteym at infotechsw.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> My system is showing 900MB usage of memory, I have deleted some object
(del
> pythonObj) but the memory is not returned to os, I have also tried
> gc.collect() and del (gc.garbage) but  still the system is showing 900MB
> usage.

"Watson, I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize
before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit
theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Give me more data like the OS, Python version, any other applications
running,
virtual memory (swap memory) size etc.

> Is there anyway to reclaim the memory?

Not enough data to go on :)