[BangPypers] which framework is better pylon or django

Pradeep Gowda pradeep at btbytes.com
Tue Sep 9 17:01:51 CEST 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 7:41 AM, Sibtey Mehdi wrote:

> Thanks to all of you for giving me the good suggestions. I am a
> python developer and didn’t get the chance to work on web app. Now
> I am thinking to learn something about web app.

Hi Sibtey,

Thanks for reinvigorating the sleepy pypers. Nothing like a web-
framework slug-fest to shake 'em out of  hibernation.

Since you are interested in a "web app" and not just a website (which
is what I gathered from your first post), the simplest ``framework"
to try would be web.py.

I have previously argued for Pylons, Django, web.py and Zope
frameworks(!) at different points in time.
But, coming from a non-web development experience, web.py would be
the least scary for you, IMO.

About TG: I attended Mark Ramm's presentation on TG2 in PyOhio.
I'm happy that they have taken to Pylons and WSGI in a big way.
But, personally, I'd wait for TG2 release before dipping my toes into
it again.

These days, Erlang and Project Euler are keeping me engaged:
   http://github.com/btbytes/btbytes.erlang/tree/master
   http://btbytes.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/euler/python/

+PG