[BangPypers] which framework is better pylon or django

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridhar.ratna at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 10:10:39 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Sibtey Mehdi <sibteym at infotechsw.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am planning to develop a website but I don't have any idea about the
> python framework. I found 2 or 3 framework (pylon, Django, turbo Gear) on
> net but couldn't understand which one should be used.

http://code.google.com/appengine/

.. which is basically Django, but you also get free hosting with it.

Appengine is good for getting started; later you can choose any
framework. You may also find this interesting -
http://pythonpaste.org/do-it-yourself-framework.html

(Personally I am frustrated by the web development model. We need
something like GWT (is pyjamas being maintained??).. or Live Volta)