[BangPypers] GUI framework in Python...

vibha srinivasan vibhaven at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 06:53:37 CEST 2008

I would strongly recommend the open source Traits package and its accompanying GUI toolkit packages, TraitsBackendWX (or TraitsBackendQt) developed by Enthought, Inc.  (the project home page is http://code.enthought.com/projects/traits).

The packages are available on pypi at:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Traits/3.0.2
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TraitsBackendWX/3.0.2

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/TraitsBackendQt/3.0.2

Besides providing a GUI framework (the GUI feature is optional actually), the Traits project provides support for explicitly typed attributes for Python.

Disclaimer: I am an employee of Enthought, Inc. If you do try out this package, we would really appreciate your feedback.

best,
Vibha