[BangPypers] Getting the know-how of UI effects using HTML etc..

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 10:50:09 CEST 2009

How did you come to use ClearSilver? What made you choose it. I like the
philosophy of data set driven presentation.But apart from this...have you
done any comparison about Speed etc (pure python templating system vs
something in C)

There's just too many Templating systems to choose from :)

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Vishal <vsapre80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [..]
> > Which is possible also by having straight HTML printing....but gets
> complex
> > as the number of such conditional print statements increases overtime.
> > But in that case...are there still instances when one would need 'print'
> > based HTML generation.
>
> Like? I would try to keep out situations where I need to 'print' HTML
> directly.
>
> > From what it seems, if the amount of markup is small then printing it is
> > probably good. But when lots of customization to each page is
> > needed...templating would be the way to go.
>
> Most apps start small. If you don't use templating then, you'll end up
> with a large app with a lot of work to make it use a templating
> engine. I'd prefer using one at the outset. It's a lot more easier
> too. You can validate your XHTML directly in an editor rather than
> mess with print statements and document source.
>
> --
> ~noufal

"So say...Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better
!!!"
"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else.
Because...Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure”
"Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong,
Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going.....Keep Going....."