[BangPypers] Getting the know-how of UI effects using HTML etc..

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 07:54:36 CEST 2009

Yeah I also found that Google and Orkut are using ClearSilver.
The good part is the dataset based philosophy and it being a C library. For
large pages...may be that provides the speed.

I am making a desktop application...and I want it to be as responsive as
possible...so dont want to spend time rendering the page...though it wont be
too long because the webserver is localhost...still if there is something
available in C...why not use it :)

Most others are now days pure python based frameworks.

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Vishal <vsapre80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How did you come to use ClearSilver? What made you choose it. I like the
> > philosophy of data set driven presentation.
> > But apart from this...have you done any comparison about Speed etc (pure
> > python templating system vs something in C)
>
> I was using trac and clearsilver was what it used (before it moved to
> Genshi). It was the first such system I used and I stuck with it.
> I should probably re evaluate now though. Mako seems to be a good option.
>
> --
> ~noufal

"So say...Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better
!!!"
"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else.
Because...Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure”
"Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong,
Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going.....Keep Going....."