[BangPypers] Zine for weblogging

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Sat Apr 25 11:30:35 CEST 2009

On 25-Apr-09, at 12:08 AM, Pradeep Gowda wrote:

> Do you have a TODO List somewhere? (The bitbucket wiki maybe)
> so that interested parties can poke at the source code/contribute?

Not yet. My current task list:

1. Improve threaded comment handling, such as being able to delete a
comment in the middle of a thread without messing up the rest of the
thread (almost done; testing before committing)

2. In the WordPress importer, ask the user if they want to discard
protected and private posts since Zine only recognises public posts.

3. Add the ability to make protected and private posts like in
WordPress (private should be trivial).

4. Write a LiveJournal importer that can handle both journals and
communities. The current process of LJ -> WordPress 2.8 (svn trunk) ->
Zine is lossy.

5. Add facility to upload media files and embed in posts. Handling
external files is part of the architecture but has no supporting code.
Once we get here, Zine will have all the features most bloggers will
ever need.

6. Add a rich text editor and possibly live preview in the entry form.
Someone's made a YUI-based plugin that replaces the standard form, but
this sort of thing is fundamental and ought to be in the core
distribution. If anyone is willing to transplant WordPress's editing
widget, that will be great.

7. Add an AtomPub interface so folks can use desktop-based editors
(Zine already does Atom for syndication).