[BangPypers] Issue with CherryPy

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 07:34:12 CEST 2009

Hi,
I am trying to use the CherryPy webserver to serve a simple application on
the localhost.
When I start the sever from command line using:
>>> python my_app.py

I am getting the following error in the browser:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
line 983, in communicate
    req.parse_request()
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
line 304, in parse_request
    self._parse_request()
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
line 317, in _parse_request
    request_line = self.rfile.readline()
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
line 212, in readline
    data = self.rfile.readline(256)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
line 823, in readline
    nl = data.find('\n', 0, size)
AttributeError: 'cStringIO.StringO' object has no attribute 'find'

However if I start this say file from within the IDE...the application gets
served flawlessly.

Not sure why "data" above is being referred to as a 'cStringIO.StringO'
object...when it actually is a simple "str" object...and hence the 'find'
method is called.

Also, this issue is coming up only on one system. Other systems, things go
flawlessly.

has anybody seen anything like this...

Thanks and best regards
Vishal Sapre

--
Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

---

"So say...Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better
!!!"
"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else.
Because...Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure”
"Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong,
Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going.....Keep Going....."