[BangPypers] Issue with CherryPy

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 10:56:20 CEST 2009

Thanks for the help.I did do the same (searched it on CherryPy group)...alas
after positing it BangPypers.

by the way, this issue goes away with the latest install of CherryPy 3.1.2
No need to down grade Python :)

Best regards,
Vishal

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM, S.Ramaswamy <srsy70 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am trying to use the CherryPy webserver to serve a simple application
> on
> > the localhost.
> > When I start the sever from command line using:
> > I am getting the following error in the browser:
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
> line
> > 983, in communicate
> >     req.parse_request()
> >   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
> line
> > 304, in parse_request
> >     self._parse_request()
> >   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
> line
> > 317, in _parse_request
> >     request_line = self.rfile.readline()
> >   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
> line
> > 212, in readline
> >     data = self.rfile.readline(256)
> >   File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\cherrypy\wsgiserver\__init__.py",
> line
> > 823, in readline
> >     nl = data.find('\n', 0, size)
> > AttributeError: 'cStringIO.StringO' object has no attribute 'find'
> >

> http://www.cherrypy.org/ticket/843
>
> Change in socket._fileobject breaks CherryPy 3.1 on Python 2.5.2+
>
> A cursory google search with the error message brings up quite a few
> relevant results.
>
> Ramaswamy

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

---

"So say...Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better
!!!"
"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else.
Because...Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure”
"Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong,
Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going.....Keep Going....."