[BangPypers] Python Day India

Ramdas S ramdas at developeriq.com
Thu Apr 30 11:23:38 CEST 2009

Let me explain.

Starting a society even not for profit has its own little legal tangles and
will also cost some monies (less than 10 K). But most importantly you'll
need to keep accounts, ensure that returns are filed, even if not much
transaction happen etc etc

See I dont see the costs scaling upwards of 1.1 L or so for a single day
event, and we have about 5-6 different expenses, and it'll be better if the
sponsors are alloted some expense or other. Saves us money management.

This is possible if the plans are for one day event, but for a larger scale
we may have to get some bigger sponsors. I am purely looking at Python
focused companies chipping in, who can claim the expense as their opex.

Ramdas

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>wrote:

> > P.S :: Another Important topic is, if say a not for profit society
> > needs to be formed, (we might face the issue when the money flows in
> > with sponsors for the actual conference) we can get signatories at the
> > python day itself ;-) anyway this will be totally another thread and
> > is OT for this thread.
>
> Ramdas suggested that we can ask the sponsors to take care of expenses
> directly instead of giving money to us. That looks the best idea to
> start with and we can discuss about forming not-for-profit society at
> the conference.

Ramdas S
+91 9342 583 065