[BangPypers] a dynamic status display thing...

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 18:47:33 CEST 2009

Thanks. I'll look into this for sure.
What I meant was...If there is lot going-on on the server, can the
asynchronous call get held up...and not return to the client ??

what can the client implementation do to make this as smooth as possible.
what can the python script implementation behind the server do to make this
less of a possibility.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Vishal<vsapre80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah I was thinking the same. Since I know that the server side process
> will
> > take a certain time to complete, a javascript function to 'POST' a
> request
> > for data after that much time should be good enough.
>
> Something similar to that. The following page and the ones which it
> links to might give you some more implementation ideas.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_(programming)
>

> > I was wondering if there are any inherent time lags when using
> > xmlhttprequest, since its asynchronous, that you know of or any caveats
> one
> > should keep in mind.
>
> What do you mean by 'inherent'?
>

> --
> ~noufal
> http://nibrahim.net.in

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

---

"So say...Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better
!!!"
"A Strong and Positive attitude creates more miracles than anything else.
Because...Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"Diamond is another piece of coal that did well under pressure”
"Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong,
Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble,
Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going.....Keep Going....."