[BangPypers] Request for py program to insert space between two characters and saved as text?

Praveen Kumar praveen.python.plone at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 12:53:51 CET 2009

Hi sorry as i did not find the attached file.

Just write this script and save with space.py
*
import sys
print ' '.join([e for e in open(sys.argv[1], 'r').read()])*

and run with the same command as Brijith told.
Thanks

Praveen

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:35 PM, BR!j!TH <brijithp at gmail.com> wrote:

> try attached file....
> usage: space.py input_text_file.txt
>
> it will print the result in terminal...
> To get the result in a file you can redirect it to file
> example:
> space.py input_text_file.txt > out_put_text_file.txt
>

> 2009/12/8 74yrs old <withblessings at gmail.com>
>
> > For generating Kannada datafiles for tesseract-ocr .txt(not .doc) is
> used,
> > my requirement is to automate one space between two characters in Notepad
> > file.  In MSword there is provision to make space between two characters
> > under "Font" and  can be saved as *.doc*  But when tried to save as*
> .txt*
> > all formatting will disappear. I could not understand how to do in
> notepad.
> > Even tried copy and paste from doc to notepad but failed.
> >
> > In this context, I request you kindly for small python program - to
> > automate
> > make or insert space between two Kannada characters in the text file. (I
> > have installed FFedora-11 also ubuntu9.04, WinXP)
> >
> > example: *F o r  K a n n a d a  d a t a f i l e s  . t x t (n o t .d o c)
> > s  u s e d,  m y  r e q u i r e m e n t   i s  t o  h a v e  o n e  s p a
> > e  b e t w e e n
> >  t w o  c h a r a c t e r s  i n  t h e  t e x t.*
> >  *ಕ ನ್ನ ಡ ವ ನ್ನು  ಕ ಲಿ ಯಿ ರೀ
> > regards,
> > -srianga(77yrsold)
> > *

> "Dream is not what you see in sleep
> is the thing which does not let you sleep"

Praveen Kumar
+91 9739854134
http://praveensunsetpoint.wordpress.com
Bangalore