[BangPypers] Fwd: Python at KCG College of Technology, Chennai

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 20:08:10 CET 2009

http://yuvi.in/blog/the-python-workshop.html

We finished it 2 weeks back. It was totally free, and we had it during our
Sem holidays. Response has been totally awesome - 1 guy's been experimenting
with PyGame (finished a game with scoring, sound etc. and is working on
adding an AI to it - tictactoe), 1 guy's writing SMS applications, three are
starting on a journey that'll end when our college's library management
system is replaced by a django app, and 1 guy's learning web.py so he could
build a website to rate staff in a college. And there's a plan in motion to
have a weekly programming competition with code in Python, and sponsors for
prize money have already been acquired.

We had 14 people in the first workshop, and we're planning on having one
more with just the basics towards second week of January :) And I've been
personally helping as many people as possible, with one-on-one sessions of
about 3-4 hours each where we pair and build something together. It's been a
fun ride, and I suppose it will be fun as long as this lasts :)

Any other college you know doing this? Get in touch, we can share tips,
tricks and hopefully much more.

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog