[BangPypers] Business rule engine in Python

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 06:28:04 CET 2009

Hello everyone,
   I have a need to implement a rule engine in Python. I have a database
which contains some data that needs to be processed based on certain rules
that can be modified by a non-technical user using a web interface. The two
things which occur to me are
0. a DSL written using some parser generator.
1. some subset of python with functions injected into the environment that I
can eval and decide.
   IS anyone aware of a library or something that does this kind of thing or
would it be better if I handrolled one?

Thanks

--
~noufal